Shopping for home furnishings can be a pleasure or pain – and sometimes both. There’s pleasure in the exploration and discovery, of weekend shopping excursions to hidden gems, and making unexpected finds. Yet there can be pain if you’re not sure where to look and how to make sense of the overwhelming options. Then there’s the mix of pleasure and pain when you find something amazing that meets both needs and wants, but you’re not sure if it works in your space.
Whether furniture and decor shopping is easy or hard for you, there are a few things you can do to make it a little more focus and functional.
TOOLS TO TAKE WITH YOU
- Floor plan and measurements
- Photos of your room(s) that you can carry with you to the store
- Samples of paint colors, fabrics, wallpaper and other decorating materials
- Paper and pen, or a tablet or phone (use a notes app for the latter)
- Measuring tape
- Camera to take pictures of things you find along the way
Now you’re ready to make shopping both a pleasure and productive.
© 2018. MidModMen. All rights reserved.