CONTACT: Neal Kielar | firstname.lastname@example.org | 612.234.1201
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(St. Paul, MN) July 31, 2017 – MidModMen+friends is launching a series of showcases, each featuring the work of an established or emerging artisan or artist. The series, “Future Heirlooms,” kicks off August 12 with fiber artist Madeline Larson.
“When people think of heirlooms, they imagine objects from the past that have been passed down to them,” explained Neal Kielar, owner of MidModMen+friends. “‘Our intent is to introduce finely made goods and art being created right now that’s worthy of passing along to subsequent generations.”
“Future Heirlooms: A Rhythmic Dance of Threads” features Madeline Larson, a recent graduate of the University of Wisconsin – River Falls whose expertise and art is weaving. She uses hand-dyed wool to create colorful and complex rugs and wall-hangings, with each piece one of a kind. All works in the showcase are available for purchase.
Larson will be in the store August 12 and 13 to meet customers and talk about her inspiration and process, and also to offer insights into individual pieces.
FUTURE HEIRLOOMS: A RHYTHMIC DANCE OF THREADS
- Featuring original weavings by Madeline Larson
- August 12 through September 17 at MidModMen+friends, 2401 University Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55114
- Showcase open during store hours Thursday through Sunday from 11AM to 5PM
MADELINE LARSON INSPIRATION AND PROCESS
- The patterns in my weavings are conversations passing by each other, one influenced by the next.
- My color pallet has been collected from my memories of childhood: the colors of my home, my mother’s garden, my sisters’ closets and holiday mornings.
- Every time that I beat a line in, I am creating something no one has ever seen before and I am making it a reality.
- I use hand-dyed wool to weave rugs. It gives me peace and control in a world that I often feel like I am grasping to hold on to.
MidModMen+friends takes a fresh approach to retailing classic modern home furnishings with a focus on noteworthy design and quality of goods, everyday attainability, and authentic customer interaction. Store offerings are individually selected and then cleaned, rejuvenated or professionally restored according to need. Visit the store at 2401 University Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55104.55104. Learn more at MidModMen.com and follow on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
Images of the artist and her work are available for use by news media and social media outlets in announcing and covering this event. All rights reserved.
# # #